- There's nothing like leaving the mundane 9-5 to pursue your dream business. Like many entrepreneurs would tell you, there is no magic formula that guarantees success. No two paths of an entrepreneur are identical, but it's the growing pains, and learning experiences and once-in-a-life opportunities that make being an entrepreneur truly rewarding.
@mashbusiness and several money experts participated in a #BizChats Twitter chat to discuss what it takes to become a successful entrepreneur.
- — Mashable Business (@mashbusiness)Tue, May 05 2015 18:00:48
- — Mashable Business (@mashbusiness)Tue, May 05 2015 18:02:09
- — Mashable Business (@mashbusiness)Tue, May 05 2015 18:03:08#BizChats tip: Be sure to number your answers according to the question you're answering. (ie., Q1.-->A1., Q2. --> A2., Q3. --> A3.)
- Question 1:
- — Melinda Emerson (@SmallBizLady)Tue, May 05 2015 18:05:23A1. To be in business you must be a true leader, who is brave, optimistic, competitive, humble, compassionate & a sales demon #bizchats
- — Melinda Emerson (@SmallBizLady)Tue, May 05 2015 18:05:37A1b. You thrive on closing a sale. No one should be able to sell your product of service better than you. #bizchats
- — TheWorkatHomeWoman (@Holly_Hanna)Tue, May 05 2015 18:08:37
- — Danielle Smith (@DaniMcSmith)Tue, May 05 2015 18:08:38#BizChats A1: entrepreneurs need super-human resilience! Drive to keep moving, improving, & proving the nay-sayers wrong.
- — Melinda Emerson (@SmallBizLady)Tue, May 05 2015 18:06:16A1c. A true entrepreneur understands that your passion must have a profit center. As profit is how we keep score. #bizchats
- — Carol Roth (@caroljsroth)Tue, May 05 2015 18:07:30A1. Successful entrepreneurs also need to know how to market. If you’re an entrepreneur, you're a marketer. That’s non-negotiable #BizChat
- — Mark Babbitt (@MarkSBabbitt)Tue, May 05 2015 18:07:34A1: Being able to use both sides of the brain sure helps. See the problem. Empathize. Quantify. Fix the problem. #BizChats
- — Spencer Hudon II (@SpencerHudonII)Tue, May 05 2015 18:12:06A1. Drive, determination to succeed, patience, ability to handle stress, ability to sell an idea, & importantly, a hobby. #BizChats
- — Catherine J. Avery (@resovateoffice)Tue, May 05 2015 18:11:47
#BizChats: Excel as an Entrepreneur
Mashable hosted a #BizChats Twitter chat to share tips on how to build a strong foundation for budding entrepreneurs.