- — The White House (@whitehouse)Mon, Dec 03 2012 17:30:09Good to see lots of folks on twitter speaking out on extending middle class tax cuts. I'll answer some Qs on that at 2ET. Ask w/ #My2k –bo
- The White House staff preparing for the Q&A:
- Eric Cantor, the House Majority Leader, used Obama's hashtag to argue against tax increases and call for spending cuts:
- — Eric Cantor (@GOPLeader)Mon, Dec 03 2012 18:50:50Mr. President, time to get serious. Let’s protect small businesses and families from a harmful increase in tax rates and cut spending. #my2k
- Obama began his chat at 2:05 p.m. ET.
- — Phillip M. McKenzie (@pmmckenzie)Mon, Dec 03 2012 19:02:11Mr. President, can you assure us that any "fiscal cliff" negotiations regarding entitlement reform will not hurt the most needy? #My2K
- — The White House (@whitehouse)Mon, Dec 03 2012 19:10:54.@pmmckenzie we can reduce deficit in balanced way by ending tax cuts for top 2% + reforms that strengthen safety net & invest in future -bo
- White House photographer Pete Souza shared this image of Obama taking Twitter questions:
- — The White House (@whitehouse)Mon, Dec 03 2012 19:13:46.@mike5673 high end tax cuts do least for economic growth & cost almost $1T. extending middle class cuts boosts consumer demand & growth -bo
- — The White House (@whitehouse)Mon, Dec 03 2012 19:20:01.@dontbeaprat cuts w/out revenue = reductions in student loans; work/study & college tax credits expire. Bad for growth. like your hair! -bo
- Mandi apparently got a kick out of Obama's response:
- Commentator Charlie Spiering pointed out the White House purchased the #My2k hashtag. When it was first used, it was quickly bought by conservative think tank Heritage Foundation.
- — Charlie Spiering (@charliespiering)Mon, Dec 03 2012 19:17:43
- — Hunter (@huntertred)Mon, Dec 03 2012 19:17:50
- — The White House (@whitehouse)Mon, Dec 03 2012 19:25:22
- — David Osteen (@davidosteen)Mon, Dec 03 2012 19:23:49
Barack Obama's Fiscal Cliff Twitter Town Hall
President Barack Obama held a Twitter town hall Monday afternoon on the fiscal cliff negotiations. Mashable's Alex Fitzpatrick curated the event.
byMashable1 Like2,047 Views