That's all, folks
- Oct 27, 2016 4:54 PM EDT / Nicole Gallucci
- And that wraps up our MacBook Pro live blog. To recap, we saw three new computers today — two of which have super fancy Touch Bars. Mashable will continue to cover every angle on Apple's new products, so make sure to follow along on Twitter, Facebook and Snapchat.
- Oct 27, 2016 2:26 PM EDT / Damon Beres
- Lance Ulanoff is at Apple's event messing with the shiny new Touch Bar. Stick around and we'll have live video via Facebook to showcase all the new goodies.
Tim Cook says it's over
- Oct 27, 2016 2:24 PM EDT / Damon Beres
- Then it is over. No new MacBook Air, no new iMac — no surprises. We'll be back shortly with a hands-on of all the new equipment.
- Tim Cook steps on stage once more and recaps Apple's product line. The Apple Watch Series 2, the iPad Pro with Apple Pencil, and the iPhone 7. Nice-looking devices.
There's a cheaper version of the MacBook Pro without Touch Bar
- Oct 27, 2016 2:22 PM EDT / Damon Beres
Huh, unexpected: Apple says there's going to be a model of the 13-inch MacBook Pro with traditional function keys and the escape button, so no Touch Bar. It's 12 percent thinner than the MacBook Air, and it weighs the same (3 pounds).
So, there are two 13-inch MacBook Pros and a 15-inch MacBook Pro. One of the 13-inch models is dumpier, with two Thunderbolt 3 ports against the four featured in the other models, and its Intel Core chip is less powerful. As we mentioned, no Touch Bar, either.
The entry-level 13-inch MacBook Pro starts at $1499, the nicer one is $1799 and the 15-inch is $2399. The bad MacBook Pro ships today, and the nice ones ship in two to three weeks.
As seen onmashable.com
Apple event, October 2016
byMashable17 Likes24,210 Views