- There are more than 150 Meetups across more than 120 countries, and Sunday, Sept. 22, marked the first day of the Social Good Summit in New York City. Attendees in NYC geared up for the opening panels.
- The fifth-annual Social Good Summit has officially begun in New York City.
- The first panel looked into how technology, data and digital media will shape our world in the next 15 years.
- — Kevin M. Gong (@kmgong)Sun, Sep 22 2013 16:10:48
- — Sabrina Stein (@urusabo)Sun, Sep 22 2013 16:13:47
- — Diplomatic Courier (@diplocourier)Sun, Sep 22 2013 16:15:55
- — Julie Willig (@juliebwillig)Sun, Sep 22 2013 16:25:23
- Mashable's Zoe Fox joined Invisible Children CEO Ben Keesey to discuss how we think changes what we do.
- — Will Peng (@its_photography)Sun, Sep 22 2013 16:37:47"There usually comes a moment in our lives when we all decide we need to believe in something" - Ben Keesey, Invisible Children #2030NOW
- — Kevin M. Gong (@kmgong)Sun, Sep 22 2013 16:32:11
- The next panel discussed the democratization of philanthropy and giving, and how to get regular citizens involved in efforts that are important to them. The main point: without massive action, philanthropy won't make an impact.
#2030NOW: Day One at the Social Good Summit
The Social Good Summit is a three-day conference where big ideas meet new media to create innovative solutions. Sunday, Sept. 22, marked the first day of the fifth-annual Social Good Summit. These were some of the top moments from the first day chronicled on Twitter.
byMashable1 Like6,705 Views