- Getting started!
- — Marta Teperek (@martateperek)Sun, Jan 15 2017 21:57:17Great blog post by @niamhpage about #ELNs - might be of interest to #elncam attendees https://unlockingresearch.blog.lib.cam.ac.uk/?p=1232
- — chemlibrarian (@chemlibcam)Fri, Jan 13 2017 10:06:00
- We have started the discussion with a sli.do poll to have a better feeling for the audience. Most of attendees were researchers.
- — Cambridge OpenAccess (@CamOpenAccess)Fri, Jan 13 2017 10:43:11Watch these excellent talks live now - Electronic Lab Notebooks: doing paperless research #elncam http://www.data.cam.ac.uk/electronic-lab-notebooks-doing-paperless-research …
- — Open Data Cambridge (@CamOpenData)Fri, Jan 13 2017 10:03:09
- — Sarah Burton (@harasanotrub)Fri, Jan 13 2017 09:58:34Haven't been at an event before where Slido is used. It's interesting having a live poll to watch while waiting for #elncam to start.
- — Sarah Burton (@harasanotrub)Fri, Jan 13 2017 10:06:01I am one of the 11% of Librarians at #elncam, 57% are researchers & 28% are support staff so far, with people from the UK and even Denmark.
- Our first speaker was Al Downie, the Head of IT at the Gurdon Institute at the University of Cambridge
- — Cambridge OpenAccess (@CamOpenAccess)Fri, Jan 13 2017 10:13:04Good morning from #elncam where we're discussing ELN wish lists in the snow! First up is Alistair Downie from the Gurdon Institute
- — Marta Teperek (@martateperek)Fri, Jan 13 2017 10:10:05
- — Christopher Brown (@chriscb)Fri, Jan 13 2017 10:16:45
- — Christopher Brown (@chriscb)Fri, Jan 13 2017 10:19:06
- — Cambridge OpenAccess (@CamOpenAccess)Fri, Jan 13 2017 10:19:09The question of trust - Evernote and Dropbox have gained the trust of users in a way that ELN's haven't yet #elncam
- Al summarised for us the results of his excellent survey about Electronic Lab Notebooks conducted across the School of Biological Sciences (345 responses!)
Electronic Lab Notebooks: Solutions for Paperless Research
The Office of Scholarly Communication held a dedicated event on electronic lab notebooks 13 January 2017 at the Department of Engineering. The event was accompanied by a vibrant discussion on Twitter #elncam - here is the recording of that discussion!
byMarta Teperek79 Views