- — @sweden / Margit (@sweden)Fri, Jan 16 2015 09:58:54Isterband is a fermented sausage with barley and pork. It is damn fine food. People who don't like it are usually krypto-vegans.
- — @sweden / Margit (@sweden)Fri, Jan 16 2015 10:07:55Oh! I forgot the important part! You should add som live culture sourcream (NOT yoghurt) to the meat mixture. Otherwise it won't ferment.
- — @sweden / Margit (@sweden)Fri, Jan 16 2015 10:10:01And then just leave them be for 2 days. Then you have glorious, tart, grainy isterband to fry up. A true feast for a country girl.
- — @sweden / Margit (@sweden)Fri, Jan 16 2015 10:30:54'You could of course do your isterband on any kind of meat. My personal favorite is wild boar, but I didn't manage to catch one this morning
- — @sweden / Margit (@sweden)Fri, Jan 16 2015 10:32:21Goat is also very good for isterband, but I think the neighbours would disapprove if I used one of theirs. I respect private property.
How to make Isterband
A brief introduction to the noble art of grinding pork.
byMargit Richert553 Views