- Throughout September there were activities across the country to promote emergency preparedness for National Preparedness Month.
More than 3,000 organizations – national, regional, and local public and private organizations – were supporting emergency preparedness efforts and encouraging all Americans to take action.
On Tuesday afternoon, FEMA and Ready.Gov held a Twitter chat to discuss last month's success stories. Here is a look:
- — ZAI (@Zpoc_Awareness)Tue, Oct 02 2012 17:27:57Don't just prepare your own family. Encourage neighbors friends & extended family too. They can be fallback places for you. #NatlPrepChat
- — SurfingChaos (@SurfingChaos)Tue, Oct 02 2012 17:32:18#NatlPrepChat Also, so much of prep isn’t buying stuff, it’s getting organized. Quick: you have 30 mins to evac, what will you take w you?
- — Continuance, Inc. (@continuanceinc)Tue, Oct 02 2012 17:33:11Use of your local PTA's to encourage your schools to teach and educate parents and children on being prepared. #natlprepchat
- — Fairfax County (@fairfaxcounty)Tue, Oct 02 2012 14:47:31
- — Chad Stover (@ChadStoverAR)Tue, Oct 02 2012 17:33:20
- — Distress Helpline (@distressline)Tue, Oct 02 2012 17:58:31
- — ReadydotGov (@ReadydotGov)Tue, Oct 02 2012 17:54:47
Success during National Preparedness Month #NatlPrepChat
byAmanda Piccirilli78 Views