- — Nina L. Diamond (@ninatypewriter)Mon, Aug 05 2013 21:29:48
- — Jeff Sonderman ✎ (@jeffsonderman)Mon, Aug 05 2013 20:56:51Pretty sure the stunning announcement is bringing the Post enough web traffic today alone to make Bezos a profit in year one.
- — Jeff Jarvis (@jeffjarvis)Mon, Aug 05 2013 20:44:36Well, so much for the NYTimes' long feature on the woman in charge of the Washington Post. http://m.washingtonpost.com/national/washington-post-to-be-sold-to-jeff-bezos/2013/08/05/ca537c9e-fe0c-11e2-9711-3708310f6f4d_story.html …ational/washi…
- — Brian Stelter (@brianstelter)Mon, Aug 05 2013 20:53:49
- — Roger Simon (@politicoroger)Mon, Aug 05 2013 21:31:07A truly stunning moment in the history of American journalism. I sincerely hope it ends up stunning in a good way.
- — Nicholas Kristof (@NickKristof)Mon, Aug 05 2013 21:58:34Mainstream news orgs have mostly been slow in adapting to the Web. That's the Bezos habitat, and he may have good ideas.
- — Marc Ambinder (@marcambinder)Mon, Aug 05 2013 20:46:36Based on your previous purchases, Jeff Bezos, you might also like: — The Los Angeles Times — The Orlando Sentinel — Newsweek
- — Dan Gillmor (@dangillmor)Mon, Aug 05 2013 20:54:31Jeff Bezos isn't betting on news business. He's saving one of our most important journalism organizations. Noblesse oblige in 21st Century.
- — Kenneth Baer (@KennethBaer)Mon, Aug 05 2013 20:53:02After 80 years in the business, Graham family decides that industrial boilers are more profitable than newspapers. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324448104578613570693741646.html …/SB1000…
- — Carl Quintanilla (@carlquintanilla)Mon, Aug 05 2013 21:09:19
- — David A. Graham (@GrahamDavidA)Mon, Aug 05 2013 21:27:11Here's a quick and dirty roundup on Jeff Bezos' politics: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/08/The-Politics-of-New-i-Washington-Post-i-Owner-Jeff-Bezos/278385/ …cs/archi…
- The news is raising questions for some:
- — Fernando Pizarro (@fpizarro)Mon, Aug 05 2013 21:02:00How can one man (Bezos) literally own the entire @washingtonpost? I mean, I know Hearst and all that, but this is 2013, right?
- — Brian Stelter (@brianstelter)Mon, Aug 05 2013 21:23:04Bezos, in fact, will own a slew of itty-bitty local papers along with the WaPo. Wonder what he's thinking, if anything, about "hyperlocal."
- — IcessFernandez (@IcessFernandez)Mon, Aug 05 2013 20:43:48
What journalists are saying about the Washington Post sale
A look at some of their reactions.
byMallary Tenore 5 Likes3,688 Views