No. 10: Liberty vs. Centennial in regular season girls volleyball
- Played on Oct. 16, 2012, this match pitted two of Bakersfield's most storied programs in Liberty and Centennial. The day would go for Liberty, which was the No. 1 ranked team in the Central Section at the time. This video is from the first game of the match, but all three games can be found on our channel.
- And the interview with Liberty standout setter/hitter Kiki Robinson also proved to be a big hit.
No. 9: The Drillers Standout in passing league
- During the summer passing league there was plenty of reason to be optimistic about the coming season, and that was true at Bakersfield High. The Drillers came out and were spectacular in a series of passing league performances and were rarely challenged. For us it validated the Drillers at the preseason No. 1, but it also put a big target on their backs.
- But the companion to that video could be this one, which had about 50 views fewer, when Frontier and Bakersfield clashed in a passing league game earlier in the summer. This was a pretty good indicator how the Southwest Yosemite League would turn out.
No. 8: Southwest Yosemite League track and field regular season meet
- An early season (along with cold and wet) proved to be a great opportunity for us to showcase some of the athletes in the Southwest Yosemite League, especially in the girls 300 hurdles.
No. 7: Centennial at Frontier wrestling
- In the Southwest Yosemite League almost every dual meet is competitive, even with a powerhouse like Bakersfield in the league, and this battle between Frontier and Centennial was certainly entertaining.
No. 6: Garces at Bakersfield football
- One of the best games you'll ever see was played early in the season and a win here by Garces may have elevated the Rams into an elite discussion for state bowl consideration, but they couldn't close out the host Drillers. However, Garces proved that BHS was vulnerable and in the coming weeks others pounced.
No. 5: Frontier at Bakersfield football
- Frontier looked like it was going to get buried in this game as the host Bakersfield Drillers came out swinging, but the Titans found their groove and pulled a huge upset.
No. 4: Southwest Yosemite League track and field championships
- A solid day of competition for the six schools from the Southwest Yosemite League heading into the CIF-Central Section Area meet.