- Sir Simon Rattle’s arrival in London heralds a new era for the LSO. To mark his inaugural season as Music Director of the Orchestra, and as Barbican Guildhall Associate Artist, we bring you ten days of celebratory events of which everyone can be a part.
- We'll be keeping you up to date throughout via this live blog – in tweets, Instagrams, videos, photos, text and more. Whether you're in London or on the other side of the world; watching at the Barbican Centre or online; get involved via #ThisIsRattle.
THURSDAY 21 SEPTEMBER 2017
- Tonight's the night that Simon Rattle finally gets to realise his dream of playing three Stravinsky ballets in one concert... "a bloody stupid idea" he was told when he first mooted the idea 40 years ago!
- Here's what's on today:
9.30am: the Barbican Library exhibition is open until 7.30pm today
10am: Interlock and Less Than Thirteen open on Level G.
1pm: BBC Radio 3 open up their exhibition space and welcome pre-booked Mix Your Own Multitrack attendees.
5.30pm: Barbican Cinema 1 will be showing the film The Making of a Maestro, recorded a couple of years ago as Sir Simon celebrated his 60th birthday.
6.30pm: look out for brass players from the Guildhall School of Music & Drama as they welcome audience members to the concert with fanfares around the centre foyers.
7pm: LSO CONCERT: Stravinsky ballets. Sold out.
- It's great to welcome back Berlin Phil horn player and presenter Sarah Willis to guest in the orchestra tonight. Looks like she's enjoying our Snapchat geofilter!
- Meanwhile, is Sir Simon hanging out on his corner again?
- Looks like last week's Opera in a Day workshop was great fun!
- Looking forward to the brass of Guildhall School joining us on the foyers again.
- The concert is live on BBC Radio 3 tonight. Listen in at 7pm BST. It'll also be on demand for 30 days.
- Pleased to announce that our new range of merchandise is available from today in the Barbican Shop. Head down to the lower level and pick yourself up a souvenir of This Is Rattle. Coming soon to the Barbican Shop website.
WEDNESDAY 20 SEPTEMBER 2017