- — National Academies (@NASciences)Tue, Sep 24 2013 12:36:48
- — Keegan Sawyer (@drkeegansawyer)Tue, Sep 24 2013 12:37:55Cicerone, president of NAS opens Day 2. Wouldn't it be nice to help society develop a scientific frame if mind for daily life? #Sackler
- — National Academies (@NASciences)Tue, Sep 24 2013 12:38:52Our theme today is Science in a Time of Controversy, keynote speaker Kathleen Hall Jamieson talks about the attack on evidence #Sackler
- — Carol Schadelbauer (@carolschads)Tue, Sep 24 2013 12:39:18Ralph cicerone "shouting louder" with the same science truths doesn't always work. Social sciences helps us understand. #Sackler
- — Michael Hotchkiss (@me_hotchkiss)Tue, Sep 24 2013 12:40:20
- — LizNeeley (@LizNeeley)Tue, Sep 24 2013 12:40:48Cicerone paraphrases Kevin Finneran: "Sometimes we act like tourists" - we think if we just speak louder, people will understand #Sackler
- — Keegan Sawyer (@drkeegansawyer)Tue, Sep 24 2013 12:41:51
- — Nancy Baron (@Nancy_Baron)Tue, Sep 24 2013 12:43:39Theme at #Sackler today is Science in a Time of Controversy. Keynote Kathleen Hall Jamieson is talking about the attack of evidence. Timely.
- — Carmen Drahl (@carmendrahl)Tue, Sep 24 2013 12:43:41#Sackler keynoter Kathleen Hall Jamieson makes an entrance like a wrestler- to a Meat Loaf anthem. "Anthemy-a powerful tool."
- — Christine A Scheller (@cascheller)Tue, Sep 24 2013 12:44:09Expert/elite community responsible for knowledge generation; Journalistic community responsible for knowledge transfer --Jamieson #Sackler
- — elissayancey (@elissayancey)Tue, Sep 24 2013 12:44:17#sackler day 2: experts generate knowledge, journalists transfer knowledge ( custodians of the knowable) w best avail degree of certainty
- — Lou Woodley (@LouWoodley)Tue, Sep 24 2013 12:45:14Jamieson: Both the scientific and journalistic communities should be self-correcting. Both can inform the policy-making community #Sackler
Sackler: Responding to the Attack on the Best Available Evidence
Keynote speaker Kathleen Hall Jamieson at the National Academy of Sciences' Sackler Science of Science Communication Colloquium, with opening remarks by NAS president Ralph Cicerone.
byLauren Rugani1 Like91 Views