- — SussexLinguist (@sussexlinguist)Tue, Jun 07 2016 14:17:46
- — Rob Drummond (@robdrummond)Tue, Jun 07 2016 15:38:12So how many of us are at #PubLx on Friday? I'm sensing quite a few. Need to prepare for some awkward 'I know you from twitter' conversations
- — billy clark (@billylinguist)Tue, Jun 07 2016 18:09:46Most excited about Doing Public Linguistics at Sussex on Friday http://www.sussex.ac.uk/english/research/doingpubliclinguistics … #publx
- — Debbie Cameron (@wordspinster)Thu, Jun 09 2016 08:37:23
- — Words Nerd (@wordsnerd)Thu, Jun 09 2016 09:34:41We'll be there! Very interesting line-up #publx http://www.sussex.ac.uk/english/research/doingpubliclinguistics … https://twitter.com/robdrummond/status/740206229897785344 …
- — Lynne Murphy (@lynneguist)Thu, Jun 09 2016 10:09:43
- — Mercedes Durham (@drswissmiss)Thu, Jun 09 2016 10:52:36Prepared for #PubLx http://www.sussex.ac.uk/english/research/doingpubliclinguistics … tomorrow by talking about the Welsh accent on the radio this morning.
- — Sophie Richard (@LinguistSophie)Thu, Jun 09 2016 11:32:45Anyone else heading to #PubLx from London tomorrow early morning? Let me know - would love some company on the train :)
- — Luke A. Rudge (@linguatical)Thu, Jun 09 2016 13:10:28Ended up chatting about languages and showing them resources/contacts. Lovely people! (And if that isn't #publx, I don't know what is 😅)
- — Superlinguo (@superlinguo)Thu, Jun 09 2016 13:43:35Some thoughts and links ahead of #publx tomorrow: Linguists and Journalists can be friends! http://www.superlinguo.com/post/110748040035/linguists-and-journalists-can-be-friends … (L)
- — Superlinguo (@superlinguo)Thu, Jun 09 2016 13:45:11Also the @LingSocAm resource we put together: Linguistics and the News Media: An LSA Guide for Linguists http://www.linguisticsociety.org/content/linguistics-and-news-media-lsa-guide-linguists … #publx (L)
Doing Public Linguistics Symposium
Livetweets from the Symposium on Doing Public Linguistics at the University of Sussex, 10th June 2016. I haven't attempted to curate these other than removing the spam, so you get a sense of how there was a whole nother layer of conference going on above the talks themselves.
byLaura Bailey1,207 Views