- Whatever happened to Black Friday being on Friday? A few retailers in the county have shifted their strategy by opening on Thanksgiving night, after folks have finished their big feasts and are apparently poised to shop. Here's a rundown of store hours from Union-Tribune retail reporter Tanya Mannes. Among the earlier openers? Las Americas Premium Outlets and Carlsbad Premium Outlets.
- — Colleen Lanin (@TravelMamas)Fri, Nov 25 2011 05:03:47Can't believe the tweets abo shopping/waiting in line for #blackfriday Don't u know it's time to sit on the couch in turkey/wine/pie haze?!
- Looks like consumers are responding...
- Lines formed early and grew quickly.
- Others at Las Americas Premium Outlets, near the border, the site of an apparent traffic jam.
- — Marissa Evans (@marissaaevans)Fri, Nov 25 2011 06:12:11
- — Tanya Mannes (@TanyaMannes)Fri, Nov 25 2011 06:45:00
- — Justin Racette (@justinracette)Fri, Nov 25 2011 06:05:55Standing in line for giftcards at Tilly's! 2 hours 'til it's time! (@ Westfield Parkway) http://4sq.com/swdMNt t
Black Friday frenzy in San Diego
The goings-on from diehard shoppers at malls and outlets around the county celebrating - and lamenting - the biggest shopping day of the year.
byLily Leung2 Likes4,870 Views