- — Natasha Choolhun (@NatashaChoolhun)Wed, Apr 23 2014 12:12:11Zurgowski's (sp) definition of information literacy sprang from the need of being able to search databases hosted on mainframes #lilac14
- — JonAndrews (@ebooksjon)Wed, Apr 23 2014 12:14:31Crisis of democracy? Danger of too much information if we don't know how to navigate. Navigation skills counteracts overload #lilac14
- — Phil Jones (@jonesthelibrary)Wed, Apr 23 2014 12:15:18#lilac14 video from IL founder, slow start but fascinating now he's talking about global scope of inequality and effect of IL on this
- — Merinne Whitton (@MerinneW)Wed, Apr 23 2014 12:15:07#lilac14 Paul Z's presentation taking a pleasingly radical turn - librarians and info skills versus disinformation and the dominant elite!
- — Clare McCluskey (@librarygirl79)Wed, Apr 23 2014 12:36:13All this talk of democracy and power linking to information is talking to my inner Politics graduate! Why I became a librarian. #lilac14
- — Tara Brabazon (@tarabrabazon)Wed, Apr 23 2014 04:44:57
- — Jane Secker (@jsecker)Wed, Apr 23 2014 12:36:04
- — David Jenkins (@d_r_jenkins)Wed, Apr 23 2014 12:41:38#lilac14 Heard argument we all need to understand code before & also heard counter-arguments. Interesting debate. Not sure where I stand.
- — Becky Blunk (@BeckyBlunk)Wed, Apr 23 2014 12:42:03We don't all need 2b programmed, but we need 2 know it exists. B. Thompson on the lack of "literacies" leaving students exposed. #lilac14
- — Alan Carbery (@acarbery)Wed, Apr 23 2014 12:56:47Bluff! Thompson asking us if that really was the solution to Heartbleed! We trusted it was. Might have been guff #lilac14
LILAC 2014, Sheffield Hallam University
byClare McCluskey390 Views