- — Sprague Library (@montclairulib)Tue, Nov 06 2012 17:15:00Searching for some inner peace after dealing with Sandy? Free meditation training at the library, today from 4-5 pm in room 110.
- — EHTPolice (@EHTPolice)Tue, Nov 06 2012 16:33:53Hurricane Sandy Food Drive at Atlantic County Library System Locations The Atlantic County Library System is... http://fb.me/1QWVCcVEG EG
- — GalleyCat (@GalleyCat)Tue, Nov 06 2012 15:44:52Brooklyn Public Library Bookmobiles help with Hurricane Sandy relief in Red Hook & Coney Island: http://www.mediabistro.com/galleycat/brooklyn-public-library-bookmobiles-help-with-hurricane-sandy-relief_b60274 …ro.com/galleycat/brooklyn-public-library-bookmobiles-help-with-hurricane-sandy-relief_b60274
- — Carole Post (@Carole_Post)Tue, Nov 06 2012 13:49:12@NYLawSchool is proud to partner in the library access consortium for students impacted by sandy - http://www.jdjournal.com/2012/11/05/new-york-new-jersey-and-philadelphia-law-schools-organize-sandy-relief-efforts/ ….com/2012/11/05/new-york-new-jersey-and-philadelphia-law-schools-organize-sandy-relief-efforts/
- — Rebecca Kelly (@bekcikelly)Tue, Nov 06 2012 02:21:12Library damaged during hurricane Sandy? Two grants for assistance - please retweet http://www.ala.org/aasl/aaslawards/beyondwords/disasterrelief …asl/a http://www.toolboxforeducation.com/ s/tlchaterrelief and http://www.toolboxforeducation.com/ #tlchat
- — Somers Library (@Somers_Library)Mon, Nov 05 2012 22:57:00Sandy Children’s Book Relief | Urban Librarians Unite http://urbanlibrariansunite.org/2012/11/05/sandy-childrens-book-relief/ …nsunite.org/2012/11/05/sandy-childrens-book-relief/
- — Adalena Kavanagh (@5redpandas)Mon, Nov 05 2012 22:40:43One of my kids returned his library book (how to draw noir comics) even tho his Coney Island home was damaged in Sandy.
- — FIAF (@FIAFNY)Mon, Nov 05 2012 21:51:47
- — Touro Libraries (@TouroLibraries)Mon, Nov 05 2012 20:59:48Due to the destruction wrought by Hurricane Sandy, our Brighton Beach (Neptune Avenue) Library is closed for the... http://fb.me/1ljOUTmxa xa
- — Kate Sullivan (@katert0t)Mon, Nov 05 2012 20:48:55Sometimes it's the little things in a disaster, like reading to a sibling: http://rochester.ynn.com/content/sandy/609826/rockaway-residents-turn-to-the-library/ ….com/content/sandy/609826/rockaway-residents-turn-to-the-library/
- — NJ State Library (@njstatelibrary)Mon, Nov 05 2012 20:33:45
- — Berry Library (@Berry_Library)Mon, Nov 05 2012 20:29:34
- — David Library (@davidlibrary)Mon, Nov 05 2012 20:08:20
- — Scranton Library (@ScrantonLibrary)Mon, Nov 05 2012 19:49:28Cal's Blog Hurricane Sandy Brings New Friends: Crocodile, Cal & Googly-Eyed Monster Dear Library Friends, I hop... http://bit.ly/SPIfyA
Libraries after #Sandy
After Hurricane/Superstorm Sandy (aka, Frankenstorm) finished wrecking the Northeast, the libraries that survived and had power became hubs of community activity as people came to charge their electronic devices and use the WiFi. Other libraries did not fare as well, reporting some damage.
byHolly Lipschultz57 Views