- — Ben Domenech (@bdomenech)Sun, Jun 03 2012 21:10:38Mike Leavitt, who has been loudly urging every state to implement Obamacare exchanges, will lead Romney transition. http://vlt.tc/aya
- Leavitt is a big proponent of the early implementation of Obamacare exchanges, the state-level apparatus at the core of Obamacare. Most conservatives oppose implementation, on both principle and practical grounds. They want the federal government to implement any exchanges. States who do implement will have to raise taxes to cover their share of the exchanges.Because of a quirk in the law, federal subsidies for health insurance in the exchanges will only kick in if a state implements its exchange. The fewer states who implement their own, the more likely the law will have to be changed, opening it up to large-scale changes of the kind conservatives want.
- — Ben Domenech (@bdomenech)Sun, Jun 03 2012 21:11:54Leavitt and his staff have repeatedly tangled with those of us who oppose implementation, because he fails to mention his financial stake.
- — Ben Domenech (@bdomenech)Sun, Jun 03 2012 21:13:18Leavitt Partners is the leading group pushing Republicans to implement Obamacare while taking fed tax dollars to do so. http://vlt.tc/ayb
- — Ben Domenech (@bdomenech)Sun, Jun 03 2012 21:15:19Leavitt spearheaded conscience protections implemented under W - which took nearly four years to create and were immediately swept aside.
- — Ben Domenech (@bdomenech)Sun, Jun 03 2012 21:17:17Leavitt Partners has repeatedly been the lone source of GOP on GOP criticism of failure to implement Obamacare. http://vlt.tc/ayc
- — Ben Domenech (@bdomenech)Sun, Jun 03 2012 21:19:43David Merritt, senior fellow at Leavitt Partners, writing at Daily Caller: Why states should move fwd with exchanges. http://vlt.tc/aye
- — Ben Domenech (@bdomenech)Sun, Jun 03 2012 21:21:30Reps from Leavitt Partners attempted to force a pro-exchange finding from the Republican Govs policy committee. Free marketers defeated.
- — Ben Domenech (@bdomenech)Sun, Jun 03 2012 21:22:32All despite the fact that Leavitt and the RGA refused to allow any opponents of implementation to participate in panels, presentations.
- — Ben Domenech (@bdomenech)Sun, Jun 03 2012 21:23:26Here's Leavitt, strongly urging all states to implement Obamacare exchanges last year in his remarks to RGA. http://vlt.tc/ayf
- — Ben Domenech (@bdomenech)Sun, Jun 03 2012 21:27:35Here's Leavitt Partners last year rejoicing in the gold mine provided by federal taxpayers to create exchanges. http://vlt.tc/ayg
- — Ben Domenech (@bdomenech)Sun, Jun 03 2012 21:37:04Can't help but think selection of Leavitt is also an indication of how Romney would potentially "fix" Obamacare if repeal proves impossible.
Domenech Sounds Alarm Over Romney Transition Choice
Ben Domenech of The Heartland Institute reacts to Mitt Romney's choice of former Bush Health and Human Services Secretary Mike Leavitt to lead the Romney transition team.
byLoren Heal1 Like433 Views