- Lewisham Disability Coalition is a user-led disabled people's organisation.
- Members approved the annual report and accounts and elected a team of Trustees to oversee our work in 2017..
- It was a chance to celebrate what we have achieved over the past year as well as discussing how we face a challenging 2017 with cuts to our main grant and increased demand for our services.
- This year we have been big on partnership. Healthwatch and the Clinical Commissioning Group came along along with a representative of the Council's Scrutiny team to talk to our members about the major changes ahead and the challenges with current services, Staff from Adult Safeguarding, the Police Community Safety Unit, Lewisham Homes welfare reform and Groundworks (who support the warm homes healthy people project) were also there.
- Finally we had the awesome drama and music group from Brighter Horizons who wowed us with their mind reading magic tricks and musical talents.
You can read our Annual report here.
The majority of people we support face significant poverty and we are a much needed safety net. We face a big cut in income from our main grant next year. If you value our work please consider donating using the link above.