- — suzanne moore (@suzanne_moore)Tue, Jan 08 2013 10:02:49I am angry. Here is my essay .Seeing red: the power of female anger http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2013/01/seeing-red-power-female-anger …man.com/politics/2013/01/seeing-red-power-female-anger
- The piece itself makes a point about the power of women's anger in seeking justice, but then...
- — Jo (@jonanamary)Tue, Jan 08 2013 13:17:49Was loving this piece by Suzanne Moore on women's anger, then wham, SURPRISE TRANSPHOBIA. Ugh. http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2013/01/seeing-red-power-female-anger …man.com/politics/2013/01/seeing-red-power-female-anger
- Jo approaches the author about her strange comment about Brazilian trans women, that's when Suzanne Moore gets really nasty:
- — suzanne moore (@suzanne_moore)Tue, Jan 08 2013 13:24:09@jonanamary I use the word transexual. I use lots of 'offensive' words. If you want to be offended it your prerogative.
- — suzanne moore (@suzanne_moore)Tue, Jan 08 2013 13:41:55@jonanamary I dont prioritise this fucking lopping bits of your body over all else that is happening to women Intersectional enough for you?
- — Jonnie Marbles (@JonnieMarbLes)Tue, Jan 08 2013 13:53:02
- — suzanne moore (@suzanne_moore)Tue, Jan 08 2013 13:57:05
- Moore clarifies for us that she doesn't give a shit what we think about her using trans women's bodies as a punchline:
- — suzanne moore (@suzanne_moore)Tue, Jan 08 2013 13:55:14I dont even accept the word transphobia any more than Islamaphobia You are using 'intersectionality' to shut down debate. Its bollocks.
- Jumping back to the previous convo, let's recall that Moore's original piece is intended as a vindication of women's anger as a source of power against injustice:
- — suzanne moore (@suzanne_moore)Tue, Jan 08 2013 14:00:19
- Moore really goes to town from here:
Suzanne Moore: timeline of trans-misogynistic twitter rant
Columnist Suzanne Moore says "We are angry with ourselves for not being happier, not being loved properly and not having the ideal body shape – that of a Brazilian transsexual." from her Jan. 8 NewStatesman piece (linked first tweet below). My response: http://wp.me/p1NS4k-hq
bySavannah2 Likes24,933 Views