The theme of this month's #LeaderShapeChat was "to lead, live compassionately."
- — LeaderShape (@LeaderShape)Thu, Feb 23 2017 17:45:00
We began this month's #LeaderShapeChat by sharing one act of self-care we completed for the day.
- — LeaderShape (@LeaderShape)Wed, Mar 01 2017 01:01:29Welcome to tonight’s #LeaderShapeChat! To kick us off: share your name and one act of self-care you did, or will do, by the end of the day!
- — Brie Boothby (@brieboothby)Wed, Mar 01 2017 01:33:04@LeaderShape Hey leadershape! Even though it's Midterm Week here at school, I made sure to take a few minutes + jam to my favorite playlist!
For the first question of the evening, we wanted to know - why does compassionate leadership matter?
- — Suzie Day (@JazzNCinemaDay)Wed, Mar 01 2017 01:25:23
- — Kristen B. Hyman (@KBHyman)Wed, Mar 01 2017 01:14:19Part of leadership is being in community with others. I think compassion is a factor in cultivating those relationships. #LeaderShapeChat
- — LeaderShape (@LeaderShape)Wed, Mar 01 2017 01:27:44People as a catalyst for compassion...are these necessarily people you know or can they be strangers as well? #LeaderShapeChat https://twitter.com/KBHyman/status/836749239397019648 …
- — Erica Henkin (@pinkcanerie)Wed, Mar 01 2017 01:20:49Compassionate leaders can create positive change through listening, understanding, and caring for others. #LeaderShapeChat A1
- — Rachel Luna (@RachelHLuna)Wed, Mar 01 2017 01:40:28
A great question to reflect on - how do we listen compassionately?
- — Erica Henkin (@pinkcanerie)Wed, Mar 01 2017 01:45:12@RachelHLuna listen compassionately by asking followup & clarifying questions. Then work together to find a solution that works for everyone
- — Rachel Luna (@RachelHLuna)Wed, Mar 01 2017 01:44:09
Speaking of behaviours like active listening, what other tools and behaviors can remind us to practice compassion?
- — LeaderShape (@LeaderShape)Wed, Mar 01 2017 01:41:02
- — Kristen B. Hyman (@KBHyman)Wed, Mar 01 2017 01:29:37
To lead, "live compassionately." - #LeaderShapeChat - 02.28.2017
Here at LeaderShape, we want to live in possibility and then by doing so, lead others to do the same. To lead, live. Our monthly Twitter chats are rooted in this belief. On February 28, we invited members of our Twitter community to join us for a #LeaderShapeChat about compassion and self-care!