- — lastwheel (@lastwheel)Sun, Sep 28 2014 13:26:48The media trend to only report expensive bike thefts informs on UKs entrenched class discrimination epec/ compared to road death reporting.
- A point not made in these tweets but obvious, is an insurance industry reliant on a public service to make good on their customer promise. It is far more profitable to outsource property replacement to the police and have stolen items recovered whilst the general population suffer the cost at the local level via council tax.
- — lastwheel (@lastwheel)Sun, Sep 28 2014 14:25:38
- — lastwheel (@lastwheel)Sun, Sep 28 2014 14:57:59Direct Line Group still not the top. Biggest share goes to Schroders plc, a multi-billion multinational headquartered in the City of London.
- — lastwheel (@lastwheel)Sun, Sep 28 2014 15:21:12That company is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jardine_Matheson … owned by the Keswich oligarch family. http://18.104.22.168/listco/sg/jsh/annual/2013/ar2013.pdf
- — lastwheel (@lastwheel)Sun, Sep 28 2014 15:23:25So part of @BritishCycling's operational income goes to indonesia's largest motor manufacturer (Astral) and one of UKs largest car dealers.
- That same company is located in Bermuda, the well known tax haven. Another interesting conflict of interest is the Queen as patron of The National Cycling Charity when she is on record as not liking cycling, from the Telegraph: “She’s not a fan of cyclists,” Fenton, 26, tells me at The Route Less Travelled private view at the 17 Floral Street Gallery in Covent Garden. “We were talking about the accidents. They did not surprise her.”
Could you imagine the head of Banardo's saying something similar of children yet remaining in office?
Insurance companies, Boycott and #Space4Cycling
Space for cycling suffers a myopia. Advocates within the movement are reluctant to generalise the problem, yet to scratch the surface of any social issue usually finds the same cancer: the ruling aristocracy. How can an oppressed group obtain emancipation when they continue to fund oppressors?