- A community discussion - how can we encourage more participation in planning and activities?
- DAY 1 - WEDNESDAY
- Sue helps everyone start thinking about good practices to increase community participation.
- Some of the Good Practices that were talked about:
Believe all have something to share, be humble, listen well, leave space for reflection, learn together, eat with the community.
- Matt illustrates how to categorize subgroups in different ways.
- What We Want Our Children to Know: The purpose of this tool is to help a group of people think about the things they desire the next generation to know and do. It helps a group to identify what things from their culture they value. It also helps them identify the things from other cultures that they desire for their children to know. It should be followed by a planning tool such as Appreciative Inquiry. Its is often preceded by one of the Domains of Language Use tools.