- In its regular every-other-week meeting, the Memphis City Council is debating a resolution authorizing the city-backed purchase of AutoZone Park.
- — A C Wharton, Jr (@MayorACWharton)Tue, Jan 07 2014 22:31:48@Cardinals are 2nd only to Yankees in terms of World Series wins. Second only to San Francisco Giants in Hall of Fame Inductees.
- — Lee Harris (@LeeHarris4MTOWN)Tue, Jan 07 2014 23:16:23
- — Kyle Veazey (@kyleveazey)Tue, Jan 07 2014 23:11:26Strickland: "I made a mistake." Said he underestimated surplus city will get from sales tax rebate in good yrs, which could be used in bad.
- — Kyle Veazey (@kyleveazey)Tue, Jan 07 2014 22:53:21Cardinals are paying $15M. Mo said a typical AAA team could be worth $20-30M with a clean balance sheet. (Redbirds' is filthy.)
- — Kyle Veazey (@kyleveazey)Tue, Jan 07 2014 22:52:02Waddell said the 6 percent FA will receive is, as we reported he said on Friday, less than the 20 percent it could've in alt investments.
- — Kyle Veazey (@kyleveazey)Tue, Jan 07 2014 22:50:38David Waddell goes to the lectern to speak, which is interesting, considering "the New Yorker" himself is sitting five rows up from me.
- — Kyle Veazey (@kyleveazey)Tue, Jan 07 2014 22:50:01Fullilove skeptical of the "New Yorker" who's going to make $6 million, and wants that explained to her "like I'm a sixth-grader, please."
Memphis City Council debates AutoZone Park transaction