- Check out some of our favorite tweets from the #HerWords Twitter Chat
- — Kupona Foundation (@KuponaFdn)Tue, May 23 2017 14:03:19
- — GlobalGiving (@GlobalGiving)Tue, May 23 2017 14:08:53A1: Sharing photos that don't look down upon the subject + using the subject's own words if possible. It's their story, not yours! #HerWords
- So great to hear from expert storytellers like Lisa Russell.
- — Lisa Russell, MPH (@lisarussellfilm)Tue, May 23 2017 14:10:27
- — Kupona Foundation (@KuponaFdn)Tue, May 23 2017 14:12:11
- — Fistula Care Plus (@fistulacare)Tue, May 23 2017 14:13:30
- — EngenderHealth (@EngenderHealth)Tue, May 23 2017 14:13:59
- — Kupona Foundation (@KuponaFdn)Tue, May 23 2017 14:16:16Q3: What is a word/phrase you've heard used to describe fistula or fistula patients that you've reacted to (positive or negative)? #HerWords
- — Zack Langway (@ZackFromNJ)Tue, May 23 2017 14:18:13A3: "empower" is tricky. We want to support/champion, but who am I to give power to someone? She has it already. #herwords https://twitter.com/kuponafdn/status/867021364921647104 …
- — J&J Global Health (@JNJGlobalHealth)Tue, May 23 2017 14:16:53A3: "Patient, victim, survivor." #Fistula should never be the center of any woman's identity. #HerWords should be. https://goo.gl/7YHKGI https://twitter.com/KuponaFdn/status/867021364921647104 …
- Excellent insight from Johnson & Johnson: words like 'victim' do not define a woman who has lived with fistula.
- — IntraHealth Int'l (@IntraHealth)Tue, May 23 2017 14:19:33
- — Kupona Foundation (@KuponaFdn)Tue, May 23 2017 14:20:05
- CCBRT interviewed 20 women being treated for fistula. When asked how they would refer to themselves, the women and girls used words like "Mama," "Entrepreneur," and "Businesswoman." Not one used the word "Patient" or "Victim."
#HerWords Twitter Chat Highlights
On the 5th International Day to End Obstetric Fistula, Kupona Foundation and our partners Fistula Foundation, Johnson & Johnson, and CCBRT convened a Twitter chat highlighting how language and storytelling can impact how we see fistula patients and how fistula patients see themselves.
bykupona1 Like36 Views