- — Ray Cecile (@RayCecile)Wed, Jun 12 2013 14:04:02I could be a hero to some today if I add $170,000,000,000 to #onpoli debt like McGuinty did. Your great grand kids will be paying it off tho
- — Richard Restivo (@rmrestivo)Wed, Jun 12 2013 13:59:57Dalton McGuinty is leaving, about bloody time. What a mess he's left Ontario in! If there ever was a dishonest politician, he is it
- — Poet's Pulpit (@poetspulpit)Wed, Jun 12 2013 13:57:13Dalton McGuinty resigns today. "Proud to have been first Premier from Ottawa". I misread quote. Thought he said "worst premier". #ontpoli
- — Allan Etmanski (@allanetmanski)Wed, Jun 12 2013 13:55:34
- — Aaron Wudrick (@aaronleewudrick)Wed, Jun 12 2013 13:54:03Some folks say "oh, the deficit is only part of McGuinty's legacy". This is bizarre. It permeates everything else; it is central to it.
- — Chris Drew (@chrisjamesdrew)Wed, Jun 12 2013 13:53:55
- — Ottawa South NDP (@OttawaSouthNDP)Wed, Jun 12 2013 13:53:39
- — edward (@edwardtoronto)Wed, Jun 12 2013 13:51:14
- — Jeff Ballingall (@JeffBallingall)Wed, Jun 12 2013 13:50:49Gotta hand it to Wynne for gritting her teeth and praising McGuinty after he's thrown her under the bus so many times #ONpoli
- — Yasir Naqvi (@Yasir_Naqvi)Wed, Jun 12 2013 13:46:26Thx to @Dalton_McGuinty for a life of public service, dedicated to his community, our city & province. His idealism is an inspiration to me.
- — Justin Jimmo (@jimmo4life)Wed, Jun 12 2013 13:44:34
- — Earl Washburn (@EarlWashburn)Wed, Jun 12 2013 13:41:16It's official. McGuinty resigns. OLP to hold a nom. meeting in #OttawaSouth on Jn 20. This was planned May 31. Sounds a bit sneaky, no?
Twitter reacts to McGuinty's resignation
Former premier Dalton McGuinty officially announced his resignation from the Ontario legislature Wednesday morning. CBC has compiled some of the Twitter reaction to the news.