Twitter reacts to McGuinty's resignation
Former premier Dalton McGuinty officially announced his resignation from the Ontario legislature Wednesday morning. CBC has compiled some of the Twitter reaction to the news.
- — Ray Cecile (@RayCecile)Wed, Jun 12 2013 07:04:02I could be a hero to some today if I add $170,000,000,000 to #onpoli debt like McGuinty did. Your great grand kids will be paying it off tho
- — Richard Restivo (@rmrestivo)Wed, Jun 12 2013 06:59:57Dalton McGuinty is leaving, about bloody time. What a mess he's left Ontario in! If there ever was a dishonest politician, he is it
- — Poet's Pulpit (@poetspulpit)Wed, Jun 12 2013 06:57:13Dalton McGuinty resigns today. "Proud to have been first Premier from Ottawa". I misread quote. Thought he said "worst premier". #ontpoli
- — Allan Etmanski (@allanetmanski)Wed, Jun 12 2013 06:55:34
- — Aaron Wudrick (@aaronleewudrick)Wed, Jun 12 2013 06:54:03Some folks say "oh, the deficit is only part of McGuinty's legacy". This is bizarre. It permeates everything else; it is central to it.
- — Chris Drew (@chrisjamesdrew)Wed, Jun 12 2013 06:53:55
- — Ottawa South NDP (@OttawaSouthNDP)Wed, Jun 12 2013 06:53:39
- — edward (@edwardtoronto)Wed, Jun 12 2013 06:51:14
- — Jeff Ballingall (@JeffBallingall)Wed, Jun 12 2013 06:50:49Gotta hand it to Wynne for gritting her teeth and praising McGuinty after he's thrown her under the bus so many times #ONpoli
- — Yasir Naqvi (@Yasir_Naqvi)Wed, Jun 12 2013 06:46:26Thx to @Dalton_McGuinty for a life of public service, dedicated to his community, our city & province. His idealism is an inspiration to me.
- — Justin Jimmo (@jimmo4life)Wed, Jun 12 2013 06:44:34
- — Earl Washburn (@EarlWashburn)Wed, Jun 12 2013 06:41:16It's official. McGuinty resigns. OLP to hold a nom. meeting in #OttawaSouth on Jn 20. This was planned May 31. Sounds a bit sneaky, no?
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.