- — Shawn Barney (@spbarney)Wed, May 21 2014 18:58:58@kristynease does the restaurant want you to leave with a good impression? Gives a good impression when they go above and beyond for you.
- — Daniel James Laurie (@danlaurie86)Wed, May 21 2014 19:13:06
- — Kim Bosch (@KimmmBosch)Wed, May 21 2014 20:44:24“@kristynease You spill a glass of wine by accident, and the server offers to get you another. Should the restaurant charge you for it?” N-O
- — ryanpaulgibson (@ryanpaulgibson)Thu, May 22 2014 01:18:47@kristynease Not servers decision unless they paid for inventory; Manager/Owner decision. I wrkd 15 yrs in hospitality; always no charge
- — Chris Allard (@MrtgChris)Thu, May 22 2014 03:47:55@kristynease ; if the servers says I'll get you another, then free. If they say do you want another, then pay. Regardless, it should be free
Should restaurants pay for accidents?
You're chatting with pals at a bar and you accidentally knock over your glass of wine. The server offers to get you another. Should both drinks show up on your bill at the end of the night? How about the ice cream cone your six-year-old drops? The taco that fell on the floor after your first bite?