- First there was today's lunch:
- — Stuart Seale, M.D. (@DrSeale)Mon, Jan 21 2013 17:24:30Prez inaugural lunch: 3027 cal, 145g fat, 71g sat fat, 9752 mg sodium, 312.5g carbs, 186.2g sugar. WOW! http://bit.ly/U6hWXA
- — Stuart Seale, M.D. (@DrSeale)Mon, Jan 21 2013 18:31:39@rawliving Oh yeah - I didn't mention the 755 mg of cholesterol - about 4 days worth of max recommended, in a single meal!
- — Amberwinborn (@Amberwinborn)Mon, Jan 21 2013 18:30:15
- — Al Rattacasa (@A_Ratt)Tue, Jan 22 2013 15:14:55
- — Kevin M Shaw (@beachkev65)Tue, Jan 22 2013 06:46:09Inaugural lunch was over 3000 calories. Big indictment on our leaders stuffing their face while they all have constituents hungry at home.
- — JT Taylor (@JTTaylorsVoice)Mon, Jan 21 2013 20:36:27After watching the Inaugural lunch and hearing the speeches I really feel like the President will be able to do more for the people
- — Ryan Teague Beckwith (@ryanbeckwith)Mon, Jan 21 2013 13:05:21Chuck Schumer is defending serving New York wine at inauguration. Sorry, but we have Washington state and California for that.
- The feast served today was a far cry from what was on offer last night, however:
- — wisdomdc (@wisdomdc)Mon, Jan 21 2013 17:43:14
- — Amy Cavanaugh (@AmyCavanaugh)Mon, Jan 21 2013 17:45:47"The crowd literally charged at the refreshments, wolfing down food, carrying off legs of lamb to be eaten in alcoves." Lincoln's 1865 ball!
Twitter #foodfight over Obama inaugural eating
Food is important in America. With criticism mounting over the White House inaugural high-calorie lunch today and paltry ball food offerings last night, what's a president to do?