- Reaction on Twitter and Facebook has been swift. Some have responded with shock and surprise, others Tweeted in horror.
- — MrΣnigma (@MrEngimatist)Mon, Jun 04 2012 20:29:52
- — Danielle Venton (@DanielleVenton)Mon, Jun 04 2012 20:28:36
- — Kyle Mizokami (@KyleMizokami)Mon, Jun 04 2012 20:40:57
- — HELLA BOOTSY (@HellaBootsy)Mon, Jun 04 2012 20:32:02
- — Colleen Taylor (@loyalelectron)Mon, Jun 04 2012 20:55:21OMG WTF SRSLY? Boo. "Starbucks buys San Francisco bakery chain La Boulange for $100 million" http://usat.ly/KKG0uY#.T80gk2lrsEU.twitter …Y#.T80gk2lrsEU.twitter
- — David Pascual (@pgdavid)Mon, Jun 04 2012 21:26:00
- — Rob Wilson (@RetailRobWilson)Mon, Jun 04 2012 20:38:37
- — Brent Sleeper (@brentsleeper)Mon, Jun 04 2012 21:34:59Oy. Starbucks to acquire La Boulange. No confirmation yet on the swirling Dunkin’ Donuts-Tartine rumors. http://blogs.kqed.org/newsfix/2012/06/04/starbucks-to-buy-sf-chain-la-boulange/ …g/newsfix/2012/06/04/starbucks-to-buy-sf-chain-la-boulange/
- — Santa Cruz Food (@santacruzfood)Mon, Jun 04 2012 20:37:11
- I've never cared for it, but I am not happy about Starbucks buying it. Another local chain falls prey to a big corp. Starbucks' drinks are waaaay too expensive, although I found the mini snacks and meals handy in a pinch. Looks like I can cross off LB as a possible place to patronize.
- — Andrew Freeman & Co. (@AFCO)Mon, Jun 04 2012 20:39:18La Boulange Cafe and Bakery just announced that they were purchased by Starbucks. Our little San Francisco bakery... http://fb.me/1Ii998aOS OS
- — Alli Eis (@thismisseis)Mon, Jun 04 2012 21:34:00
- While much of the reaction to the purchase was negative, a few on social media posted that they were looking forward to what La Boulange could bring to Starbucks.
- — Umang Desai (@UmangJDesai)Mon, Jun 04 2012 20:46:13The great get even better. @Starbucks buys San Francisco bakery chain La Boulange for $100 million. Good food all around....
Bay Area Responds to Starbucks Purchase of La Boulange for $100 million
On June 2 Starbucks announced plans to purchase the Bay Area bakery chain La Boulange for $100 million.
byKQED News4,198 Views