- — Brandon McCarthy (@BMcCarthy32)Thu, Apr 19 2012 08:50:50They put two guys on the 'Kiss Cam' tonight. What hilarity!! (by hilarity I mean offensive homophobia). Enough with this stupid trend.
- The Tweet drew praise from some.
- — P. Brian Greenwood (@pgreenwo)Wed, Apr 25 2012 17:28:37Thanks for standing up for what you believe! @BMcCarthy32 I admire you for doing so and for being a great example for kids.
- — Clara George (@Curiousgc)Wed, Apr 25 2012 17:53:47@BMcCarthy32 I just created a twitter account so I can follow you. Thank you for your tweet speaking out against homophobia. You rock!
- It sparked discussion among others.
- — Andrew Smalley (@ChazBoNOPlease)Thu, Apr 19 2012 13:58:49
- — Brandon McCarthy (@BMcCarthy32)Thu, Apr 19 2012 19:30:09@ChazBoNOPlease which is a personal choice and that's fine. However, the laughing at it as it's broadcast to a stadium is different.
- — Brandon McCarthy (@BMcCarthy32)Thu, Apr 19 2012 09:14:56@speefmoney so what? I know that isn't the intention, but the implication is that two guys kissing is funny. That's offensive to gay males.
- — Brandon McCarthy (@BMcCarthy32)Thu, Apr 19 2012 09:15:17@speefmoney so that's why they should stop doing it. Plus, it's cheap shitty comedy so it sucks on that level as well.
- Of course, while McCarthy's Tweet has made him a popular topic of conversation right now, it is his play on the field that will really determine how he's thought of by A's fans.
- — James Santelli (@JamesSantelli)Wed, Apr 25 2012 06:19:09@BMcCarthy32 You're a class act and young athletes should model themselves after you. Unless you give up 5 runs again. THEN YOU'LL SUCK!!!!
- Learn more about McCarthy:
A's Pitcher Brandon McCarthy Tweets Against Homophobia
byKQED News298 Views