- Day 3 - May 3, 2012
- — scottrsimmons (@scottrsimmons)Thu, May 03 2012 16:31:30#funding2012 Is a church 'sustainable' only because it pays for itself? Or are there other metrics - love, lives touched, trust?
- — ERawlings (@rawlingswright)Thu, May 03 2012 15:20:29"It's not so much what we are doing, it's how are we resourcing people to think differently about their lives" - Tim Keel #funding2012
- — ERawlings (@rawlingswright)Thu, May 03 2012 15:13:44"the people who give the most are the least demanding" (generally). a lot of nodding in the room. interesting #funding2012
- — Amanda Esping (@kansasprarierev)Thu, May 03 2012 15:13:53The most generous people are the least demanding and most spiritually mature people - Amen to that! So true! #funding2012
- — Nanette Sawyer (@nanettesawyer)Thu, May 03 2012 15:08:47"the progressive surrender of everything we know of ourselves to everything we know of God." Tim Keel #funding2012
- — scottrsimmons (@scottrsimmons)Thu, May 03 2012 15:02:34
- — Carley Friesen (@Skypilot917)Thu, May 03 2012 14:57:54In a traditional congregation, people want the pastor to visit. Even when the deacons do it well. Same thing in missional? #funding2012
- — Carley Friesen (@Skypilot917)Thu, May 03 2012 14:56:17Isn't the call of ministry to get people to take the ministry? What of our full time work can we delegate, teach, hand off? #funding2012
- — scottrsimmons (@scottrsimmons)Thu, May 03 2012 14:55:01#funding2012 "creates a sense where you can become a non-anxious presence in the church" re:less dependent upon church for salary/support
- — Bonnie Wilcox (@Bonnie_Wilcox)Thu, May 03 2012 14:51:55#funding2012 More about missionary's 60/40 split betwn pastor/fundraiser? In my trad. setting, maybe it explains my call more than I knew!
Funding The Missional Church 2012
Sharing the wisdom from the Funding the Missional Church conference at Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Minneapolis, Minnesota, May 1-3, 2012.
bySteve Knight1 Like96 Views