- We follow the mistake, from the buildup to the SC decision to readers' reactions, below.
- Watch how the mistakes unfolded on broadcast.
- The original CNN homepage.
- And the corrected.
- Time jumped on and got it wrong too.
- CNN, FOX and Time then had to correct their earlier reports.
- — Fox News Alerts (@foxnewsalert)Thu, Jun 28 2012 14:24:22BREAKING: Supreme Court lets stand the Affordable Care Act, including the Individual Mandate provision, but strikes down Medicaid expansion
- But the mistake caused many readers to lose faith in the media.
CNN, Fox, Time incorrectly break healthcare ruling
In a show of the importance of accurate reporting even when trying to break the story first, several news organizations falsely reported that the Supreme Court struck down the individual mandate aspect of health reform Thursday morning.
bykelseyreid1 Like342 Views