Early Monday May 2, 2011, Sohaib Athar (@ReallyVirtual) tweeted from Abbottabad Lahore Pakistan.
- His bit.ly link goes to this story:Helicopter Crashed in Abbottabad, Pakistan, Near Military Academy of KakoolMay, 2, 2011
A big blast is heard near the biggest military academy of Kakool, in Abbottabad . People are saying that it is due to a helicopter crash near the Kakool academy's residential academy. Security forces have surrounded the place and investigations are underway.
- He followed the tweet with a bit of commentary:
- @ReallyVirtual chats with other Twitter users about the helicopter and the situation in Pakistan:
- For time perspective, this iPhone screenshot was taken at 2.22 AM in Pakistan; that's 4.22 PM on the U.S. east coast.
- @ReallyVirtual then retweets information from the Pakistani Army. Pakistan officials are trying to quell worries about an attack on the country.Based on timestamps, this should be about 3 AM in Pakistan or 5 PM on the U.S. east coast.
- More eyewitness observation:
- In Washington, D.C., about 9:45 pm EDT White House Communications Director Dan Pfeiffer announced a press conference: