TIME CHANGE: #EbertChat continues on Wednesday, March 26th, at 7:30pm CT with film reviewer, critic, and writer Nell Minow!
- If you missed our last chat with Pablo Villaca, you can check it out here.
- Nell Minow, also known as The Movie Mom, is an acclaimed film critic and writer. Her work appears regularly in newspapers and on television & radio stations across North America. She is also a contributor to RogerEbert.com. In addition to her film work, she is one of the nation's leading voices on corporate governance.
- Remember to send in your questions using #ebertchat!
- — Life Itself (@EbertMovie)Wed, Mar 26 2014 21:23:31
- — Life Itself (@EbertMovie)Thu, Mar 27 2014 00:33:04First a couple of thoughts about @ebertchiccago -- I was lucky enough to be there when Roger published his first review in the Sun-Times...
- — Life Itself (@EbertMovie)Thu, Mar 27 2014 00:35:09"Ever since the memorable “Breathless” and “Jules and Jim,” and the less memorable “La Verite,” we have been treated to a parade of.....
- — Life Itself (@EbertMovie)Thu, Mar 27 2014 00:35:28....young French girls running gaily toward the camera in slow motion, their hair waving in the wind in just such a way that...
- — Life Itself (@EbertMovie)Thu, Mar 27 2014 00:35:52...we know immediately they are liberated, carefree, jolly and doomed. @ebertchicago was already a full-formed critical voice and....
- — Life Itself (@EbertMovie)Thu, Mar 27 2014 00:36:54Not mentioned often enough, he was a hell of a writer, smart, vivid, funny, and, especially in his later years, filled with compassion.
- — Life Itself (@EbertMovie)Thu, Mar 27 2014 00:37:43I was just 15 when that was published, awash in love for movies, and dazzled that someone just 10 years older had a real grown-up critic job
- — Life Itself (@EbertMovie)Thu, Mar 27 2014 00:38:22A couple of years later, I was writing movie reviews for the New Trier News. I think "The Subject Was Roses" was the first one.
- — Paul Mazzoni (@TheMazMan)Thu, Mar 27 2014 00:36:58
- — Life Itself (@EbertMovie)Thu, Mar 27 2014 00:39:25@TheMazMan Thank you so much! Helping parents find good movies for their families and avoid the dreadful ones is a labor of love.
- — Life Itself (@EbertMovie)Thu, Mar 27 2014 00:41:35@jsschultz88 Great question! There are three things I see in Roger's work that I aspire to. First, top priority is good writing.
#EbertChat With Nell Minow
The filmmakers behind "Life Itself," a documentary about Roger Ebert's life and legacy, are giving guest hosts control of their @Ebertmovie Twitter account. The hosts will be sharing their memories of Roger Ebert, their favorite reviews, and much more!
byKartemquin Films214 Views