- “Toxic masculinity and the sense of entitlement that comes with it is often maintained through violence, or the threat of violence. Toxic masculinity was a key issue in the plot of the episode, but you don’t need to watch a tv show to know that it is also a key underlying issue in much of the violence, including gun violence that has been taking place around the country.
How many mass shootings have we had this year by white males angry because they were rejected from women; angry because their immediate demand for time, attention, and ultimately access to women’s bodies was denied?”
- How can we interrupt this cycle of socialization? Toxic masculinity is a Macro Social Work issue.
- — R. Thompkins-Jones (@Relando_T)Thu, Sep 15 2016 12:14:20#MacroSW Chat on Toxic Masculinity Sept 15th at 9pm EST http://www.relandothompkinsjones.com/macrosw-chat-on-toxic-masculinity-sept-15th-at-9pm-est/ … via @Relando_T
- — Keenath Watkins (@keenathwatkins3)Fri, Sep 16 2016 00:53:14
- — Jessica Krug, BSW (@JessicaNKrug)Fri, Sep 16 2016 00:59:12
- — Forhana Aktar (@aktar_5)Fri, Sep 16 2016 00:59:32
- — Dana Elizabeth Ries (@dana_ries)Fri, Sep 16 2016 01:00:31
- — R. Thompkins-Jones (@Relando_T)Fri, Sep 16 2016 01:01:00Tonight’s topic is Toxic Masculinity. Before we begin let's take a few minutes for role call. #MacroSW Who's here?
Toxic Masculinity is a Macro Social Work Issue: #MacroSW 9/15/16
byKaren Zgoda105 Views