- — Mickey Koke (@mickeykoke)Sun, Apr 08 2012 18:47:13Joe Wieland, who we may see sooner than later (among the top pitching prospects) is 0-1 with Tucson in 5.2 IP, 3 ER, 1 BB, 7 K's. #Padres
- — Follow The Padres (@FollowThePadres)Wed, Apr 11 2012 02:45:55Tucson's Joe Wieland out after two innings. I suspect he's fine. I also suspect he'll be pitching Saturday for #Padres. Again, not official.
- — Jason Cole (@LoneStarDugout)Wed, Apr 11 2012 03:25:54Joe Wieland pulled after two IP of his AAA start tonight. Some buzz around Twitter that he may be getting called up. If so, congrats to him.
- — Follow The Padres (@FollowThePadres)Wed, Apr 11 2012 06:04:51As we've surmised here for a few days, Joe Wieland will start Saturday against the #Dodgers in LA. Won't likely join team until then.
- — Padres Prospects (@PadresProspects)Wed, Apr 11 2012 06:08:32Word is that Joe Wieland teared up in the dugout after being told he was being called up. If you love baseball, that's cool. #Padres
- — Sarah Trotto (@sarahtrotto)Wed, Apr 11 2012 06:08:31
- — Garrett Newman (@GarNewman)Wed, Apr 11 2012 04:22:18Going to my first Dodger game ever on saturday!! Not to actually go see the dodgers but go see my boy Joe Wieland pitch his first pro game!!
- — Bob Scanlan (@heyscan)Wed, Apr 11 2012 05:47:45Joe Wieland tweeting that he's been told he is going to join the Padres big club. Bass will pitch THursday, and... http://fb.me/1dpQri54n 4n
- — Mickey Koke (@mickeykoke)Wed, Apr 11 2012 05:50:34
Welcome to The Show: Pitcher Joe Wieland to join Padres
Word spread quickly through Twitter Tuesday night that Triple-A pitcher Joe Wieland would be joining the Padres after he was pulled from his start after two strong innings. He will most likely be starting Saturday night at Dodgers Stadium in his Major League debut.
byKaity Bergquist77 Views