- As Canada paid tribute to the thousands who took part in Canada's ten-year mission in Afghanistan, some MPs. including Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Defence Minister Rob Nicholson, but also MPs from both the government and opposition side of the House, were in the crowd at the official ceremony on Parliament Hill:
- — Pierre Poilievre (@PierrePoilievre)Fri, May 09 2014 18:28:30Proud to be on the hill today to honour our men and women in uniform. Special commemoration to our afghan vets for #NationalDayofHonour
- — Craig Scott (@CraigScottNDP)Fri, May 09 2014 15:24:32For National Day of Honour, placing of red carnations on white wreath in ceremony for the Afghanistan fallen, friends and family just over.
- — John McCallum (@JohnMcCallumMP)Fri, May 09 2014 15:56:33Day of Honour service heartbreaking - was a few feet from 8 year old boy, consoled throughout by mother and who later put poppy on wreath
- — Cathy McLeod (@Cathy_McLeod)Fri, May 09 2014 16:50:23The rain in Ottawa has lifted for the #NationalDayofHonour parade. Very powerful ceremony -Thank you to all who served.
- — Frank Valeriote (@FrankValeriote)Fri, May 09 2014 18:09:11It's been my privilege to attend today's National Day of Honor ceremonies in Ottawa. So very moving http://ow.ly/i/5w5tq
MPs mark Day of Honour across Canada
bykady o'malley646 Views