80% OF GERMS ARE SPREAD BY OUR HANDS
- Communicable disease report for September 2016 of confirmed, exposed, old chronic, suspect or investigated for Dallas Co. are:
- Active TB: 2 Suspect TB: 1 Latent TB: 5
- Shigella: 1 Cryptosporidiosis: 2 Pertussis: 1 E Coli: 3 Salmonella: 7 Giardia :2 Cyclospora: 2 Campylobacteria: 5 Maternal Hep B: 1
- The flu mist is not recommended by the CDC this year, as it is deemed ineffective.
Did you know that studies show the human influenza virus can survive on surfaces for up to 8 hours? In the US, between 5-20% of the population will get the flu and become sick. When you consider that 95% of the population is not washing their hands for the recommended 20 seconds, it is easy to understand why so many of us are getting sick. Even though the CDC recommends flu vaccination as our best defense, it is estimated that 60% of the population is not protected. Even worse, up to 80% of working adults continue to work while sick, which creates the perfect recipe to spread the flu virus and other infectious diseases.
- Tips that may help you beat the flu: