- After waiting most of the day, the report was finally tabled around 8pm.
- The report itself can be found here if you want to read the source text.
- This right here is at the heart of the matter: individual citizens, many of them vulnerable people. They're receiving welfare payments! Not the supplementary Family Tax Benefits ones, the ones designed to help them get a job, like Newstart. The work that used to be done by a government agency has been foisted onto the general public.
- This approach is what has made Facebook and Twitter so mercifully free of Nazis.
- Shoutout to #notmydebt which has been a catalyst and gathering point for a bunch of people directly affected by this system, or who are appalled at the brokenness and want it fixed. (As I do.)
- "all aspects of the OCI program have had a profoundly negative impact on the lives of thousands of Australians."
- You'd think that would be a cause for concern.
Chapter 2: Data Matching