- CMC and Social Media Corpora for the Humanities is the 4th edition of an annual conference series dedicated to the collection, annotation, processing and exploitation of corpora of computer-mediated communication (CMC) and social media for research in the humanities. The conference brings together language-centered research on CMC and social media in linguistics, philologies, communication sciences, media and social sciences with research questions from the fields of corpus and computational linguistics, language technology, text technology, and machine learning. The conference features:
- research in which computational methods and tools are used for the empirical analysis of CMC in the humanities;
- approaches towards automatic processing and annotation of CMC data with computational methods;
- corpus-linguistic research on collecting, processing, representing and providing CMC corpora on the basis of standards in the field of the digital humanities.
- — Julien Longhi (@jlonghi1)Tue, Sep 27 2016 07:01:09#cmccorpora16 Invited talk: Dawn Knight : Constructing E-Language Corpora: a focus on CorCenCC (The National Corpus of Contemporary Welsh
- — Michael Beißwenger (@Tweetfreed)Tue, Sep 27 2016 07:10:00Good morning everybody at #cmccorpora16 ! The weather is fine,but the talks expected for this year's edition of the conference will beat it!
- — Julien Longhi (@jlonghi1)Tue, Sep 27 2016 08:16:39
- — Michael Beißwenger (@Tweetfreed)Tue, Sep 27 2016 08:38:46The TEI schemas for CMC addressed in the talk of Grumt Suarez & Karlova-Bourbonus can be found here: http://wiki.tei-c.org/index.php/SIG:Computer-Mediated_Communication … #cmccorpora16
- — C Wigham (@Loopy63)Tue, Sep 27 2016 08:41:16Annotation guidelines for xLime corpus presented at #cmccorpora16 here https://github.com/lrei/xlime_twitter_corpus/blob/master/guidelines.md …
- — Julien Longhi (@jlonghi1)Tue, Sep 27 2016 09:00:08Antoni Sobkowicz: Political Discourse in Polish Internet: Corpus of Highly Emotive Internet Discussions #cmccorpora16 4,8 million comments
- — Julien Longhi (@jlonghi1)Tue, Sep 27 2016 10:05:24Yes ! attention le # officiel est #cmccorpora16 :-) https://twitter.com/yosraGHL/status/780706676034850816 …
- — Julien Longhi (@jlonghi1)Tue, Sep 27 2016 11:07:36#cmccorpora16 After Špela Arhar Holdt, Darja Fišer, Tomaž Erjavec, Simon Krek: Syntactic Annotation of Slovene CMC: First Steps 1/2
- — Julien Longhi (@jlonghi1)Tue, Sep 27 2016 11:08:00#cmccorpora16 Lydia-Mai Ho-Dac, V Laippala, Céline Poudat, Ludovic Tanguy: French Wikipedia Talk Pages: Profiling and Conflict Detection
4th Conference on CMC and Social Media Corpora for the Humanities
27–28 September 2016 Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana Aškerčeva 2, Ljubljana, Slovenia