- The conference kicked off Friday, April 8 with several sessions.
- Saturday, April 9 started off on a high note - with a session about drones.
- Other sessions focused on food and drink writing, writing a book, intellectual property law and ethics.
- — Tom Albano (@thomasjalbano)Sat, Apr 09 2016 14:40:46"When you write about beer, you connect it to the people. You meet... the people in the industry and learn more about their lives." #SPJR1C
- — Jordan Otero (@je_otero)Sat, Apr 09 2016 15:07:25"Everything that's happening today has its roots in WWI." - Why we, as journalists, should still pay attention to WWI, 100 yrs later #SPJR1C
- And regardless of the session topic, panelists reminded attendees to go back to basics.
- — Analisa Novak (@NovakAnalisa)Sat, Apr 09 2016 15:15:11
SPJ Region 1 Conference
On April 8 and 9, over 200 professional and student journalists gathered at Southern Connecticut State University in New Haven, Conn. for the SPJ Region 1 Conference, hosted by the SCSU journalism department and the SCSU SPJ student chapter, with support from CTSPJ. Here are some highlights.