- I crowd-sourced my academic friends and followers for feedback on how and why they use Twitter. Within 24 hours I received 55 replies from 24 unique accounts. The substance of their responses is great.The feedback helped inform a presentation I gave today to Carleton's Department of University Communication (not to be confused with the Communication Studies department, where I research and teach).
- — Josh Greenberg (@josh_greenberg)Tue, Feb 07 2012 03:05:43I'm talking tomrow abt how I use Twitter 4 research, networking, prof dev. Professor tweeps: pls share ur reasons w/ a brief story/example.
- — Herbert Pimlott (@Herbert_Pimlott)Tue, Feb 07 2012 03:11:13@josh_greenberg Twitter reminds me of excitement of being journalist & I'm c-ing impact Twitter may have on social justice for research.
- — Herbert Pimlott (@Herbert_Pimlott)Tue, Feb 07 2012 03:15:08@josh_greenberg I am interested in getting a sense of what you (& others) find out too! Twitter has that frisson of being close to a story.
- — Lee Skallerup (@readywriting)Tue, Feb 07 2012 03:13:19
- — Lee Skallerup (@readywriting)Tue, Feb 07 2012 03:14:26@josh_greenberg Here's a good rundown of how I use Twitter http://www.insidehighered.com/blogs/if-you-tweet-it-%E2%80%A6-happy-2012 …hered.com/blogs/if-you-tweet-it-%E2%80%A6-happy-2012
- — Noel Kirkpatrick (@noelrk)Tue, Feb 07 2012 03:15:11
- — Dianne Eliuk (@dleliuk)Tue, Feb 07 2012 03:16:38@josh_greenberg ...no examples-but as u know, who u follow - has great influence on info sharing/knowledge exchange! ...use to ones benefit
- — Danielle Stern (@daniellestern)Tue, Feb 07 2012 03:17:05
- — Josh Greenberg (@josh_greenberg)Tue, Feb 07 2012 03:20:35@daniellestern thx for RT, I'd be happy to get your feedback. And when *we* watch "too much TV", that's just like extended fieldwork, right?
- — phdinparenting (@phdinparenting)Tue, Feb 07 2012 03:18:09@josh_greenberg I like using twitter to get quotes/perspectives to include in opinion articles. Quick way to get variety of opinions.
- — Josh Greenberg (@josh_greenberg)Wed, Feb 01 2012 22:25:08@phdinparenting I've done the same, and great for cultivating future research contacts. Thanks for the feedback!
- See further down this thread for the link (thx Lee for sharing Melonie's prezi)
- — Jennifer Evans (@JenniferVEvans)Tue, Feb 07 2012 03:20:19@josh_greenberg helps me reach out across disciplines -- something difficult to accomplish in uni and conference circuit
- — Josh Greenberg (@josh_greenberg)Wed, Feb 01 2012 22:25:08@daniellestern great idea! I recently crowd-sourced a request for a book cover design concept, and, voila...success!
Twitter in the Tower
Why Scholars Tweet
byJosh Greenberg390 Views