- Update: this was a thing in the Twitterverse! Like every online trend, of course there was a backlash.
- — JamieLynn (@JamieLynnJay)Sat, Apr 20 2013 00:18:42"Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is cute" is a trending topic on twitter?!Wow.Yall need help.Srsly.Hes killed how many innocent ppl,hurt so man #notcute
- ... and a response to the backlash.
- — MissCool4Ever (@beautyqueen91)Sat, Apr 20 2013 01:29:38Just because some of us find Dzhokhar Tsarnaev cute doesn't mean we condone what he did! It's like those hoes y'all lust at but won't marry
- — mariah✌ (@AhoyAnakin)Sat, Apr 20 2013 00:42:46so guys can state that Casey Anthony was attractive, but when a girl says Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is cute then they are "sick and demented"
- The baby-daddy angle is a variant...
- — Parker Brown (@AnjaRitzCarlton)Fri, Apr 19 2013 15:09:38"@Fossphate: it's a shame you're a terrorist, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev. You could have made some cute babies. Terrorist babies. But cute ones" LMAO
- — Lizzie Ann Kavonius (@EllaAnnSchultz)Fri, Apr 19 2013 14:47:19Dzhokhar Tsarnaev i hope you get put away forever your a terrorist and i feel sorry for you because you could've made some cute babies
- Some of the fantasies got a little more lurid.
- And some in the Twitterverse were experiencing some pretty mixed feelings.
- — alғredo'ѕ вғғl (@SmileBigBieber)Sat, Apr 20 2013 07:37:41Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, why the fuck did u have to ruin everything? WHY DOES HE HAVE TO LOOK CUTE? He's a killer. Thanks for ruining what u did.
- — Novalita Hardhiyani (@crawlitt)Fri, Apr 19 2013 13:56:19he's young and cute... BUT HE'S SUSPECT NUMBER 2 -_- http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/04/who-is-dzhokhar-tsarnaev-boston/64382/ …tional/2013/…
- ... while others called for leniency or a fresh evaluation of the accusation for the easy on the eyes.
Kind of cute ... what's wrong with me? Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, Twitter heartthrob
These tweets struck me. I found them funny but felt like I was laughing with them rather than at them. The experience of getting absorbed in this story was intense, and people found themselves connecting to it in weird ways.
byJohn B. Cannon536 Views