- Lewis tweeted each time he launched Pericope, but the platform only keeps the stream archived for 24 hours:
- — Paul Lewis (@PaulLewis)Tue, Apr 28 2015 02:00:27LIVE on #Periscope: Baltimore residents now - very moving https://www.periscope.tv/w/VyAdIzM0MzQxfDc2NTQ2MDhG4uCVGCaGkSmk3GgKihKnljhsyhtzHPUF5OA_lMGGQA== …
- Here's a backup of the complete interview from the stream linked in the tweet above:
- The Guardian has compiled excerpts from several of Lewis' videos in one post:
- Social media followers embraced the Periscope reports:
- — Joanne Cleary (@politijo)Tue, Apr 28 2015 01:34:48
- — daveberns (@daveberns)Tue, Apr 28 2015 00:12:13
- — David Rowland (@DRolo88)Tue, Apr 28 2015 05:53:26
- — Marcus Toussaint (@marcustoussaint)Tue, Apr 28 2015 00:09:11Watched a Periscope stream of an army of Black pastors praying together in the streets in Baltimore. So moving.
- — Dan Roberts (@RobertsDan)Tue, Apr 28 2015 00:16:36Some superb live interviews with sensible, interesting people from Baltimore by @PaulLewis on periscope. Worth downloading app to watch.
- — Mr. Young (@HSWMr_Young)Tue, Apr 28 2015 00:15:29If you're interested in seeing a first person view of what is going on in Baltimore I suggest downloading #Periscope to the live streams.
- — Z104 Ashley (@ashleyz104)Tue, Apr 28 2015 00:20:47If you have periscope, get on and look @ some of the Baltimore live broadcast and Listen to what some of these ppl have to say
- — Michael McClain (@michael_mcclain)Mon, Apr 27 2015 23:52:03Beautiful moment in Baltimore I just witnessed on Periscope. Ministers led a group of singing peaceful protestors to police line.
- — Josephine Tovey (@Jo_Tovey)Tue, Apr 28 2015 01:17:00Pastor watching his church's building burn to the ground asks Obama to come to Baltimore - live on Periscope via @PaulLewis
Periscope journalism evolving in Baltimore: “Just let the truth come out”
Paul Lewis, Washington correspondent for The Guardian, further developed the emerging process of live-streaming mobile video journalism as he used Periscope to tell stories from the riots in Baltimore Monday night. Social media followers are calling the practice a game-changer.
byJim MacMillan3,141 Views