- The chat was trailed by some interesting posts giving personal accounts and asking primer questions to get people thinking.
- — New social science? (@NSMNSS)Thu, Dec 05 2013 22:43:49What Social Media means to my research: By Amy Aisha Brown, PhD BloggerAfter reading Dr Janet Salmons’s last p... http://bit.ly/1cVsS1l
- — Amy Aisha Brown (@amyaishab)Thu, Dec 05 2013 22:43:49What is "social media"? What significance does your definition have for your research? Join the #NSMNSS tweetchat. 5Dec 4pmGMT/11amEST.
- And assisted by the growing mainstream discussion of the role of social media research, such as this recent discussion on the role the UK funding councils should play...
- — EmUprichard (@EmUprichard)Thu, Dec 05 2013 22:43:50
- — New social science? (@NSMNSS)Thu, Dec 05 2013 22:43:50
- Thanks to everyone who RTd and publicised the chat, you are all stars.
- — Media Psychology (@UKMediaPsych)Thu, Dec 05 2013 22:43:50
- — New social science? (@NSMNSS)Thu, Dec 05 2013 22:43:51#nsmnss chat (starting in ~15 mins!) will be hosted by Janet Salmons aka @einterview who has some fab Qs for you! http://nsmnss.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/defining-our-terms-what-is-social-media.html?m=1 …
- And we're off... Great to see researchers from both sides of the Atlantic joining the chat, one of the
- — Helen Kara (@DrHelenKara)Thu, Dec 05 2013 22:43:51
- — Chareen Snelson (@csnelsonbsu)Thu, Dec 05 2013 22:43:51#NSMNSS Tweetchat. Do a lot with YouTube in my research. Looking forward to the social media definition discussion.
- — Janet Salmons (@einterview)Thu, Dec 05 2013 22:43:52#NSMNSS I live in CO, today in CA. Advise dissertation writers through Capella U., indie researcher & writer with interest in qual and mixed
- — Joe Murphy (@Joejohnmurphy)Thu, Dec 05 2013 22:43:52
- — antonella esposito (@antoesp)Thu, Dec 05 2013 22:43:52
- — Helen Kara (@DrHelenKara)Thu, Dec 05 2013 22:43:53
- And this posted image from Joe's new book got people talking..
New Social Media, New Social Science
Twitterchat Wednesday 5th December 2013. Today saw another lively NSMNSS tweetchat ably hosted by @einterview and several other members of our community who have kindly been volunteering their services to support an ongoing dialogue on topics of interests to the network. I was sorry not to be able to join you all so here's a Storify of the chat to help record those insights for the wider community.
byKandy Woodfield510 Views