Tips from Darren (aka Problogger)
- — Darren Rowse (@problogger)Wed, Feb 05 2014 01:43:32TIP: Before publishing a post always ask ‘what do I want people to DO’ as a result of reading this. Calls to Action are important #PBCHAT
- I had to include this call to action from Kerri in relation to Darren's tip above.
- — Kerri Sackville (@KerriSackville)Wed, Feb 05 2014 01:45:21
- — Darren Rowse (@problogger)Wed, Feb 05 2014 01:41:39TIP: The point of your title is to get people to read the 1st line. The point of the 1st line is to get people to read the second… #PBCHAT
- — Darren Rowse (@problogger)Wed, Feb 05 2014 01:34:42TIP: Each week I aim to post content that Inspires, Informs & Interacts. If a post doesn’t tick at least 1 of these I don’t publish #PBCHAT
Question 1: What type of content do you mainly post on your blog? How to? News? Opinion? Stories? Something else?
- — Ashleigh McGarity (@PLLHealthBlog)Wed, Feb 05 2014 01:05:12
- — Janine Fitzpatrick (@ShambolicLiving)Wed, Feb 05 2014 01:05:09Q1. No niche so it's a mixed bag of content. Usually snippets from daily life but try to make it funny and thought provoking. #PBCHAT
- — Cassie - TFDM (@FlyDrunkMonkey)Wed, Feb 05 2014 01:04:27Q1. I find it hard to define my topics. It's not really how-to. More experiences? Although recent Cleaning Routine series was how-to #PBChat
- — Darren Rowse (@problogger)Wed, Feb 05 2014 01:03:52A1: My personal preference has always been to create ’how to’ content on my blogs - sprinkled with stories and case study #PBCHAT
Question 2: How important to you is staying 'on topic' or having a 'niche' that you stick to with your content?
- — GourmetGirlfriend (@ruthbruten)Wed, Feb 05 2014 01:12:27
- — Angie Maddison (@thelittlemumma)Wed, Feb 05 2014 01:15:44
- — Karen Andrews (@Miscmum)Wed, Feb 05 2014 01:15:08
- — Surely Sarah (@surelysarah)Wed, Feb 05 2014 01:13:38A2: not very. I give myself the freedom to write about anything. But I don't tend to wander into others' niches either eg parenting #pbchat
Question 3: Where do you get your ideas for content? Do you have any techniques/tips to share?
Content for your blog - a Twitter chat summary
@Problogger organised a chat on Twitter - #PBchat - to talk about blogging content. This is a short version of it.
byJenny Clift222 Views