- This is my compilation of tweets from my experience at the Georgia Tech Trans101 training on March 16, 2017
- — Jennifer Glass (@methanoJen)Thu, Mar 16 2017 18:21:19Trans101: to create even playing field, introduce self w/ ur pronouns & ask pronouns of every new person you meet to respect gender identity
- — Jennifer Glass (@methanoJen)Thu, Mar 16 2017 18:33:05Trans101: gender marketed to, "pink tax", pink razors more $$$. How do each of us express our gender, where is our gender allowed/not?
- — Jennifer Glass (@methanoJen)Thu, Mar 16 2017 18:35:02Trans101: sex assignment (female/male) is often compulsory, based on child's genitalia documented at birth, has lived results
- — Jennifer Glass (@methanoJen)Thu, Mar 16 2017 18:42:23Trans101: trans/transgender are umbrella terms describing people whose gender identity is in some way incongruent w/ sex assigned at birth
- — Jennifer Glass (@methanoJen)Thu, Mar 16 2017 18:56:17Trans101: gender expression is how person presents gender thru use of cues (clothing, hair, make-up, speech, mannerisms, behavior, speech)
- — Jennifer Glass (@methanoJen)Thu, Mar 16 2017 19:13:00Trans101: transition=any process of changing primary and/or secondary sex characteristics,gender expression, other attributes (e.g. name)...
- In the role play, my student's gender identity was a transgender man in transition
- — Jennifer Glass (@methanoJen)Thu, Mar 16 2017 19:21:46Trans101: requirements for name change in GA: must submit petition & print name in local gazette once week for 4 wk http://www.transequality.org/documents/state/georgia …
- Recent good news on trans equality in sorority community:
- — Jennifer Glass (@methanoJen)Thu, Mar 16 2017 19:44:26Alpha Chi Omega Accepts Trans Women Nationwide https://www.google.com/amp/www.glamour.com/story/us-sorority-opens-its-doors-to-trans-women-nationwide/amp …
- Recent bad news for trans equality & Title IX:
- — Jennifer Glass (@methanoJen)Thu, Mar 16 2017 20:05:17Trans students no longer protected under Title IX 😡😡😡 https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/local/education/trump-administration-rolls-back-protections-for-transgender-students/2017/02/22/550a83b4-f913-11e6-bf01-d47f8cf9b643_story.html …
GT Trans 101 training
LGBTQIA Resource Center's introductory education program designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to support transgender, gender non-conforming, and gender questioning individuals at Georgia Tech.Trainings last 2 hours and cover trans-inclusive language and practices, challenges facing trans people at Tech and nationally, and resources for supporting trans communities on campus. Trainings are open to students, faculty, and staff.
byJennifer Glass29 Views