- Each month, on the third Thursday, passionate teachers gather on Twitter to discuss compelling issues effecting teaching and learning. Using the hashtag #teaching2030, these teachers offer brilliant insight, thoughtful perspective, and a great dose of hoptimism (their unique brand of hope and optimism). The topic of month's chat was "Designing your dream teaching job." Here are the highlights.
- Q1: If tapped, what teacher skills and talents would impact teaching and learning the most?
- — Amy Fowler Murphy (@amykfmurphy)Fri, Mar 22 2013 00:35:23#teaching2030 A1: collaboration, collaboration, collaboration! I grow much more as a professional when I have others to collaborate with.
- — Kristoffer D. Kohl (@KristofferCTQ)Fri, Mar 22 2013 00:35:27A1: Instructional expertise. It withers when not being practiced daily. Teachers are their own best critics #teaching2030
- — Katie Novak (@KatieNovakUDL)Fri, Mar 22 2013 00:36:58A1: We're fabulous presenters... we have voices that were born to be heard. We can teach public what we're made of. #teaching2030
- Q2: What would your dream school position look like?
- — Danielle Hartman (@danielle6849)Fri, Mar 22 2013 00:38:42A2: As a tech integration and literacy specialist, I think I have it-but it has its drawbacks as well. #teaching2030
- — Danielle Hartman (@danielle6849)Fri, Mar 22 2013 00:40:20
- — Katie Novak (@KatieNovakUDL)Fri, Mar 22 2013 00:39:18Q2: want to write curriculum for district, but don't want to stop teaching...teaching teachers isn't the same as teaching kids.#teaching2030
- — Maureen Devlin (@lookforsun)Fri, Mar 22 2013 00:41:37
- — Amy Fowler Murphy (@amykfmurphy)Fri, Mar 22 2013 00:41:41#teaching2030 A2: curriculum and reform policy are my newest interests, so I would love time to do that as well.
- — MacNeil (@M_R_MacNeil)Fri, Mar 22 2013 00:41:56A2 I've recently taken on a training role with my board my dream position would be to implement tech while collaborating #teaching2030
- — Sarah Henchey (@shenchey)Fri, Mar 22 2013 00:42:08Q2: Clinical classroom for preservice and early career teachers embedded within a middle school. We'll all learn together. #teaching2030
- — Ryan Kinser (@ryankinser)Fri, Mar 22 2013 00:43:15
- — Nikki D Robertson (@NikkiDRobertson)Fri, Mar 22 2013 00:43:24
- — Mrs. Threet (@RhondaThreet)Fri, Mar 22 2013 00:50:14
- — Emile Monroe Milam (@emilemilam)Fri, Mar 22 2013 00:51:25#teaching2030 Q2: My dream job would to be to help sci Ts not be afraid to have labs as an integral part of their science instruction.
- — Jennifer Barnett (@JenniferBarnett)Fri, Mar 22 2013 00:45:48Q2a: Do your colleagues share a desire for a different role similar to the ones you all are dreaming of? #teaching2030
- — Chris Crouch (@the_explicator)Fri, Mar 22 2013 00:48:45Q2a. I've never wanted to be a principal. my eyes, that job takes you too far from what matters about education. Esp in HS. #teaching2030
- — Kristoffer D. Kohl (@KristofferCTQ)Fri, Mar 22 2013 00:48:08
- — Kelly Stidham (@kastidham)Fri, Mar 22 2013 00:47:46#teaching2030 A2a. many teachers want a chance to be resources for one another and be recognized as an expert voice on an area of focus.
Teachers Design Their Dream Teaching Job
The #teaching2030 Twitter chat on Thursday, March 21st revealed new insights on what teachers believe is the ideal teaching position.
byJennifer Barnett845 Views