- THE PANELISTS:
Brian Fitzpatrick @therealfitz, Google — “Liberator of Data, Creator of Transparency, Open Source Dude, Geek”
Brian fights for the users as part of the Data Liberation and Transparency teams at Google.
Kelly explored the intersection of ethics and mortality in the online world.
Noah spoke about end-of-life documentation and the terms of service of online corporations.
- Our livestream is archived here, follow along!
- We all recognize the delicacy and challenge of talking about death, and we've all experienced loss, some of us very recently. @LizNeeley opened our evening with a moment to reflect and respect these complexities.
- Then, Brian Fitzpatrick (Fitz) started us off by discussing why he works to make sure users can get at their data: because more and more of our memories and other valuables are now online.
- Second, Noah Weil shared with us why he is passionate about end-of-life documentation.
- Our third speaker, Kelly Edwards, voiced her perspective about our online identities--their bigger and more dispersed than we think.
- Passwords was a hot topic: should you store them somewhere? Where and how--online? on paper?