- This morning the NSA blasted out excited posts about National Cyber Security Awareness Month!
And on Facebook
- But how could the NSA have the personnel and time to do this as the government was shutting down all kinds of services, from nutritional programs for pregnant women, access to national parks and food inspection?
Americans on social media asked the same thing:
- On social media the posts were greeted with puzzled exasperation. Here are a few:- "So with the Government shut down, are you still working or have you taken time off too?"- "Why are you working today? Didn't you hear that non-essential government personnel are supposed to be furloughed?"- Non-essential services are shut down. What are you posting...?"
But the NSA site is shelved?
- Meanwhile, the NSA web site contains a big red line of type telling citizens the site is not being updated:
- This could be another case of social media scheduling gone wrong. With the big anniversary looming, someone may have scheduled the posts in advance. We'll see how much of the government shutdown eats into National Cyber Security Awareness Month.