- — Adam L. Penenberg (@Penenberg)Sat, Jul 28 2012 01:07:07RT @moorehn: OMG. The vaunted NBC "context" is that these two don't know who Tim Berners-Lee is. Appropriate since NBC hates the Internet.
- — Robert Hernandez (@webjournalist)Sat, Jul 28 2012 01:57:32
- While Meredith Vieira and Matt Lauer didn't know who Sir Tim was, many others clearly do.
- — Mark S. Luckie (@marksluckie)Sat, Jul 28 2012 01:21:02
- It's also worth noting that NBC is being heralded (and hounded) for its digital and streaming efforts around this year's Olympic games (and they are owned by an Internet company now).
- — Andrew Kaczynski (@BuzzFeedAndrew)Sat, Jul 28 2012 01:07:08Once NBC learns who Tim Berners-Lee is it will make setting up a live steam for the next Olympics much easier.
- — Josh Stearns (@jcstearns)Sat, Jul 28 2012 01:05:08NBC is owned by Comcast now but they can't stream the opening ceremony live & Matt and Meredith don't know who Tim Berners-Lee is.
- — Adam L. Penenberg (@Penenberg)Sat, Jul 28 2012 01:18:34The irony is that the clip of Meredith Viera and Matt Lauer not knowing who Tim Berners-Lee is will be linked to millions of times.
- And just in case, here is Time Berners-Lee's bio.
- Other people pointed out a few reasons why Matt and Meredith should know who Time Berners-Lee is.
- — Alex Howard (@digiphile)Sat, Jul 28 2012 01:14:20
- — Tim Carmody (@tcarmody)Sat, Jul 28 2012 01:04:11You know, Meredith Viera, who doesn't know who Tim Berners-Lee is, has hosted Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? for ten years. #PhoneAFriend
- — rachelsklar (@rachelsklar)Sat, Jul 28 2012 01:13:15My God, Sir Tim Berners-Lee is actually IN the opening ceremonies and they disrespected him like that? I'm a little aghast. #notcool
NBC vs. Tim Berners-Lee: Twitter Responds
The London 2012 Olympic opening ceremony featured a tribute to Sir Tim Berners-Lee, the founder of the world wide web, to which Meredith Vieira and Matt Lauer, NBC's hosts, responded: "If you haven't heard of him, we haven't either."
byJosh Stearns5 Likes6,472 Views