- — Steve Slaton (@Steve20Slaton)Mon, May 21 2012 19:35:33Hope coach stew will be okay, great man had the pleasure of talking 2 him everyday b4 practice he is a fighter "boy & cub scout honor"
- — Steve Slaton (@Steve20Slaton)Mon, May 21 2012 19:38:29Damn such a great man a true gentleman in every sense. I'm honored to have had him as a coach in my career prayers are with his family
- — ADAm Pacman Jones (@REALPACMAN24)Mon, May 21 2012 19:35:25A sad day for all WVU fans and players , coach I will always love you , thanks for everything u have done for me. He help me with a lot
- — Jarrett Brown (@JarrettBrownQB)Mon, May 21 2012 20:57:32I'm deeply saddened about passing of our former leader. Coach Stew you will always be in the heart of the Mountaineers. #OurToughestLoss
- — Pat McAfee (@PatMcAfeeShow)Mon, May 21 2012 19:40:15Coach Stew was a man that took me in when I was a freshman. He treated me like I was a son, he always had my back even when it wasnt the
- — Pat McAfee (@PatMcAfeeShow)Mon, May 21 2012 19:42:27Popular thing to do. He taught me so many things about life, and being a man, that I could never pay him back for. When he became the head
- — Pat McAfee (@PatMcAfeeShow)Mon, May 21 2012 19:44:17Coach we chatted for an hour in his office, I kept telling him how happy I was for him, and how amazing this was for him and he told me
- — Pat McAfee (@PatMcAfeeShow)Mon, May 21 2012 19:45:00"Patrick, no matter what you're doing with your life.. Never forget to stop and smell the flowers.. It doesn't matter what you're doing..
- — Pat McAfee (@PatMcAfeeShow)Mon, May 21 2012 19:46:31..or what your title is, if you stop smelling the flowers, you miss out on life, that's why I'll never change".. I'll never change, or miss
- — Pat McAfee (@PatMcAfeeShow)Mon, May 21 2012 19:50:08Out on life because that quote puts everything in perspective, and it was told to me by a man that I can honestly say I loved.. My heart is
- — RunAwAy BeeRTrucK (@OwenSchmitt)Mon, May 21 2012 20:53:37I just got off the field from practice and it is a sad day coach I love you MAN R.I.P! My thought go out to momma and Blaine.
- — RunAwAy BeeRTrucK (@OwenSchmitt)Mon, May 21 2012 20:55:14Coach Stew changed my life he will me missed and remember always in my heart thanks for always believing in me I feel like a lost a father..
- Many fans posted the video of Bill Stewart's infamous "Leave No Doubt" speech the then-interim coach gave before the 2008 Tostitos Fiesta Bowl.
- — Jay Rockefeller (@SenRockefeller)Mon, May 21 2012 20:01:33Saddened to hear about passing of former @WestVirginiaU football coach Bill Stewart. My thoughts and prayers are with his family & friends.
- — Bob Huggins (@CoachHuggs)Mon, May 21 2012 21:51:19My prayers go out to a wonderful man and my friend. We lost a great Mountaineer and a true West Virginian. Coach Stewart, we will miss you.
- — Bob Huggins (@CoachHuggs)Mon, May 21 2012 21:50:16My heart goes out to the Stewart family. To Karen and Blaine, Bill was a great Mountaineer and represented the best of West Virginia.
- — Bob Huggins (@CoachHuggs)Mon, May 21 2012 23:34:54At home with June & Jenna. It makes me feel for Karen and Blaine even more if that's possible. Keep your family close. RIP Stew. Luv u all
- — Erin Andrews (@ErinAndrews)Mon, May 21 2012 21:58:57Shocked to hear the news abt former West Virginia coach Bill Stewart..Had the pleasure of meeting his family & am keeping them in my prayers
Mountaineer Nation remembers Bill Stewart
The news that former West Virginia University football coach Bill Stewart died suddenly following an apparent heart attack Monday was a shock to Mountaineer fans and former WVU players, who expressed their condolences via social media Monday afternoon.
byJared Hunt1,905 Views